Friday, August 1, 2014

We are not interested in Hernandez : Atletico Madrid



We are not interested in Hernandez : Atletico Madrid
According to Atletico Madrid's president Enrique Cerezo, they will not attempt to sign United's Javier Hernandez this summer. The Mexican has been linked with the La Liga team recently as club manager Diego Simeone has talked up on the idea to get Hernandez after selling Filipe Luis and Diego Costa but Cerezo has ruled out any potential moves for the striker. He said: "Many names have been mentioned by the media and linked to us but none of those reported are on our agenda, neither was Hernandez. If we are to sign new player, it will not be any of them."


Atletico Madrid manager targets Javier Hernandez
Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone has talked up the idea to land Javier Hernandez as the Mexican appeared to be struggling for playing time at Old Trafford. While at Vicente Calderon, Simeone is aware that strengthening his squad is imperative if they are to once again mount a challenge to Real Madrid and Barcelona while confirmed that he is a big admirer of United’s prolific forward. The Argentine said: "We speak to the sporting directors, gave them ideas on those type of players that we want and they will get them. With Hernandez and plenty of others, anything is possible. We can't close the door to anyone till the transfer window closes. He is great in one-on-one, a great option for any team."


Inter will offer Guarin in swap deal for Hernandez
According to reports, Inter Milan are desperate to sign a new striker in this transfer window. The Serie A club is trying to add more firepower upfront with manager Walter Mazzarri hoping to get Javier Hernandez who fits the bill. Louis van Gaal is keen to bolster his midfield and he is scouring the market with Fredy Guarin reported to be one player who the Dutchman has been keeping tabs on. The Italian club believes that by swapping the Colombian for the Mexican will work for both parties. Guarin saw a proposed move to Juventus collapse in January while he has rejected to sign for Wolfsburg and Zenit Saint Petersburg recently.


Javier Hernandez rejected transfer to Southampton
According to latest reports, Javier Hernandez has snubbed a switch to Southampton. The Saints tried to land the striker as part of £33m deal which saw Luke Shaw move from St Mary’s to Old Trafford last month but Hernandez feels that moving to the south coast club is a step down and now wants to hold talk about his future with new United manager Louis van Gaal. The 26-year-old had a frustrating time in David Moyes’ reign at the Reds last season and Inter Milan plus Valencia have asked to be kept informed on the Mexican position. New Southampton boss Ronald Koeman is armed with a big transfer budget and he is still keen to land Hernandez who scored 69 goals in all competitions for United.


Javier Hernandez hinted he is set to quit United
Javier Hernandez dropped another hint to quit United once the World Cup is over after aiming a veiled swipe at former boss David Moyes for a 'lack of faith'. The Mexican's lack of first-team action at Old Trafford since the arrival of Robin van Persie 2 years ago was reduced to role of bit-part player last season under Moyes. Yet, the emergence of Adnan Januzaj and signing of Juan Mata means there are more competition. Hernandez has expressed frustration at his 'super-sub' reputation and said:"I've never seen myself as a sub and don't like being one. I'm tired of being seen that way. I'm one that has made a difference as a starter."

Chicharito has become a regular benchwarmer for Mexico and the 26-year-old intends to make serious changes while approaching height of his career. He is reportedly wanted by a host of English clubs and there is also interest from the continent. New manager Louis van Gaal could allow the player to leave as he can't guarantee him first-team football. Now, a summer move appears even more likely after he revealed past season has left him low on confidence. He said: "Last season has been tough. Players need confidence more than anything else and I've been short of it. Very few people have shown faith in me over the past year."


Valencia’s new owner targeting Javier Hernandez
Javier Hernandez is a target of Valencia’s new billionaire owner with reports suggesting that he is eyeing on the striker after buy-out of the La Liga club. The Spanish club have made their interest known to the Reds and are hopeful to do business on Hernandez though Inter Milan are also linked with a loan deal before making it permanently if things go well for the Mexican. United are believed to be willing to cash in on Hernandez who wants a move due to a lack of starts at Old Trafford.


Mexico manager told 'Chicharito' to quit United
Mexico's national team manager Miguel Herrera believes that Javier Hernandez should leave United. The 25-year-old was limited to just 6 starts in the last Premier League campaign and has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford, with clubs reported to be interested to sign him. Hernandez contributed 9 goals in a disappointing season for the Reds and faces another season under a new manager following the appointment of Louis van Gaal. Herrera who has included Hernandez in his 23-man squad for the upcoming World Cup, believes Hernandez should consider leaving United. He said: "In the case of Chicharito, it'd be in his interest to leave, so he is taken into consideration to play."

However, the striker stated that he is focusing on Mexico's World Cup campaign and will only consider his options after the tournament. He said: "There is obviously uncertainty regarding my future. Right now, I'm fully focused on the national team. My agent and my staff will help me work it all out. My future could be decided tomorrow, a little after or within 3 months. I could stay but I really don't know." Although it has been reported previously that United are ready to sell an unhappy Hernandez under former manager David Moyes, the Mexican is yet to find out whether van Gaal has included him to be a part of his plans.


United ready to sell an unhappy Javier Hernandez
Javier Hernandez has been told that the club are ready to sell him this summer after complaining about a lack of playing opportunities. The Mexican has spoken to David Moyes on at least 3 occasions in the past 2 months, having made just 5 league starts this season. The club feels that he is no longer in Moyes' plan after falling behind Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Danny Welbeck at Old Trafford and had kept him informed of the club's decision. Hernandez, 25, was particularly upset that he was overlooked for an unfit Wayne Rooney in the quarter-final second leg defeat to Bayern Munich last week after playing for 90 mins and scored in the 4-0 win over Newcastle 4 days earlier. He's desperate for a summer transfer and has been strongly linked with Atletico as a replacement for Diego Costa, who is closing in on a move to Chelsea.